- UK would run out of ammunition â€˜in two weeksâ€™ in a war against Russiaby Jonas E. Alexis, Senior Editor on February 7, 2023 at 11:03 am
The defense budget is reportedly urged to be increased by at least Â£3 billion per year and stop the plan to shrink the armyâ€™s size, but the Treasury and the Chancellor are playing hardball and say there is no more money.
- Vital! Apocalyptic EARTHQUAKE amid Turkey’s OIL WELLS. Highly Seismic Zone Drilled for Decades to...by Fabio G. C. Carisio on February 7, 2023 at 10:49 am
by Fabio Giuseppe Carlo Carisio ITALIAN VERSION The disastrous devastation, the tragic massacre that took place in Turkey and Syria cannot and must not have only an emotional response. That of newspapers and TVs that compete to find the most heartbreaking photo and story. That of politicians who compete for the media scepter of benefactors.
- That Chinese Balloon Looks Different from Tehranby Kevin Barrett, Senior Editor on February 7, 2023 at 6:09 am
The US regularly violates the airspace of other nations with military craft - but throws a tantrum when a Chinese balloon drifts over its territory.
- Jacinda Ardern: Saint or Psychopath?by Editor on February 7, 2023 at 6:00 am
Martin Hanson While still at the height of her popularity, â€œJacinda Ardern: Leading with Empathyâ€�, a biography of the New Zealand Prime Minister was published. It was described by the publisher as â€œa major biography of one of the most important and inspirational leaders of the twenty-first centuryâ€�. 20 months later came her shock resignation. …
- A Panicked Empire Tries to Make Russia an ‘offer It Canâ€™t Refuse’by Jonas E. Alexis, Senior Editor on February 6, 2023 at 11:57 pm
So now those behind the Throne are plotting to at least try to stall the incoming disaster on the military front.
- Marines Charged in Capitol Riot Got Highly Sensitive Spy Jobs After Jan. 6by James Risen on February 6, 2023 at 8:14 pm
Following his alleged participation in the insurrection, Sgt. Joshua Abate was assigned to an NSA liaison unit at Fort Meade. The post Marines Charged in Capitol Riot Got Highly Sensitive Spy Jobs After Jan. 6 appeared first on The Intercept.
- Being this Story within Earth by Opeaus Blairby Jack Heart on February 6, 2023 at 8:14 pm
(1) Pinterest Beginnings are often lost to the mists of time; such is the case with the birth of (hu)man and â€˜motherâ€™ Earth (this planet we find ourselves inhabiting). Various disparate cultural beliefs tell stories of how (hu)man â€˜evolvedâ€™ on Earth, and how this planet we call â€˜homeâ€™ came to be. They fill countless tombs,
- Law says Israeli Occupation and Use of Force Illegal, Peace Agreements Irrelevant…by Stuart Littlewood on February 6, 2023 at 3:55 pm
VT's Stuart Littlewood exposes the continuing Illegal Occupation of Indigenous Peoples and the Deliberate Mission Creep that is Erasing Palestine
- Where does Pakistanâ€™s trouble come from?by Hanan Habibzai on February 6, 2023 at 2:56 pm
VT'S man in Pakistan, Hanan Habibzai, digs deep into Pakistan's politics
- Putinâ€™s army turns Bakhmut into a â€˜meat grinderâ€™by Jonas E. Alexis, Senior Editor on February 6, 2023 at 2:00 pm
ierce â€˜streetâ€™ fighting rages in the northern parts of embattled Bakhmut city. Wagner chief Yevgeny Prigozhin said intense battles are being fought â€œFor every streetâ€� in Bakhmut.
- Putin promised not to kill â€˜Crackheadâ€™ Zelenskyby Jonas E. Alexis, Senior Editor on February 6, 2023 at 1:55 pm
With Russian forces surrounding Kiev, Zelensky was reportedly hiding in an undisclosed location at the time of the meeting. Bennett told Channel 12 that the Ukrainian leader had tasked him with securing an assurance from Putin that he would not be targeted for assassination.
- States of Emergency & the State of the Canadian Governmentsâ€™ Mindby Editor on February 6, 2023 at 12:00 pm
Ray McGinnis Canadaâ€™s Liberal government couldnâ€™t justify invoking the Emergencies Act based on the existing definition in the legislation. So, it obtained a legal opinion to embellish parameters for declaring an emergency. The 1988 Emergencies Act states that a â€œPublic Order Emergency means an emergency that arises from threats to the security of Canada and …
- Cybernetic Pandemic as Forecast by WEF! Massive Hacker Attack in EU and US Detected by Italian...by Fabio G. C. Carisio on February 6, 2023 at 7:49 am
by Fabio Giuseppe Carlo Carisio for VT Italy ORIGINAL ITALIAN VERSION All articles in Italian linked into this post can be read in English thanks to the available simultaneous translation in EnglishÂ A “massive hacker attack using a ransomware already in circulation” has been detected yesterday, on February, 5, 2023, by the Computer security incident
- How a Grassroots Revolt in the Iconic Retirement Community Ended With a 72-Year-Old Political...by Ryan Grim on February 6, 2023 at 1:37 am
A slate of reformers unleashed the fury of the Florida GOP and its business elite, and left two men facing garbage felony charges. The post How a Grassroots Revolt in the Iconic Retirement Community Ended With a 72-Year-Old Political Prisoner appeared first on The Intercept.
- OffG on…the Chinese “Spy Balloon”by Editor on February 5, 2023 at 10:00 pm
Everyone is talking about the “Chinese spy balloon” this week, for some reason. It’s apparently a big deal, it even has its own Wikipedia page already. After days of back-and-forth, the US finally got tough with the dirigible and blew it out of the sky. Boom. Take that, China. Now comes the post-balloon drama. Endless …
- Missouri Is About to Kill a Man Who Witnesses Say Was 2,000 Miles Away at the Time of the Crimeby Liliana Segura on February 5, 2023 at 6:50 pm
Leonard â€œRaheemâ€� Taylor is scheduled for execution on Tuesday, but the stateâ€™s case against him doesnâ€™t add up. The post Missouri Is About to Kill a Man Who Witnesses Say Was 2,000 Miles Away at the Time of the Crime appeared first on The Intercept.
- Well, It’s bird flu…againby Kit Knightly on February 5, 2023 at 1:00 pm
Kit Knightly Hey remember last year? Remember the spring “bird flu outbreak”? Remember how it was all just a fear-porn story designed to discourage people from eating real food, drive up the price of poultry and eggs and sell more vaccines? Well, guess what… It’s groundhog day again. And I mean that quite literally since …
- REVIEW: The Psychology of Totalitarianismby Editor on February 4, 2023 at 7:00 pm
Kevin Ryan Belgian psychologist Mattias Desmet published his bookÂ The Psychology of TotalitarianismÂ in June 2022. The book brings attention to the need to understand our own psychology in this time of global crisis. It outlines the process of mass formation by which the masses find themselves to be hypnotized members of a totalitarian state. It also …
- Unconditional Surrenderby Editor on February 4, 2023 at 3:30 pm
Todd Hayen I know I am beating a dead horse here, but I am still fuming about The Atlantic article from October 2022. How dare they?! I am also a bit perturbed by all the folks prematurely declaring victory over this totalitarian abomination. I know many of you who read my work think I am …
- Chicago Blocks Release of Inspector General Report Prompted by â€œSomebodyâ€� Podcastby Alison Flowers on February 4, 2023 at 11:00 am
A motherâ€™s quest for answers after her sonâ€™s murder inspired an official inquiry, but the city is exercising information control. The post Chicago Blocks Release of Inspector General Report Prompted by â€œSomebodyâ€� Podcast appeared first on The Intercept.
- Exactly Why and How Republicans Hate Ilhan Omarby Jon Schwarz on February 3, 2023 at 7:23 pm
It has literally nothing to do with antisemitism. The post Exactly Why and How Republicans Hate Ilhan Omar appeared first on The Intercept.
- Tema Okun on Her Mythical Paper on White Supremacyby Deconstructed on February 3, 2023 at 6:30 pm
Tema Okun, the author of a famous (or infamous?) paper on white supremacy, speaks out decades later. The post Tema Okun on Her Mythical Paper on White Supremacy appeared first on The Intercept.
- White House-Linked Venture Capital Fund Boasts China War Would Be Great for Businessby Sam Biddle on February 3, 2023 at 4:48 pm
A representative from Americaâ€™s Frontier Fund said that a â€œkinetic eventâ€� in the Pacific would be very good for its bottom line. The post White House-Linked Venture Capital Fund Boasts China War Would Be Great for Business appeared first on The Intercept.
- The Patrushev Oversightby Editor on February 3, 2023 at 1:30 pm
Iain Davis In aÂ recent interview with Russian media, Nikolay Patrushev, an intelligence officer who is the former director of the Russian Federal Security Service (FSB) and the current secretary of the Russian Federation Security Council, spoke about the nature of power in the West. In keeping with the previous address ofÂ President Putin at Valdai, Patrushev …
- Big Businessâ€™ Plan to Block Bidenâ€™s Ban on Noncompete Agreementsby Ken Klippenstein on February 3, 2023 at 12:00 pm
Federal Trade Commission Chair Lina Khanâ€™s rule faces a gauntlet of lobbyists led by the Chamber of Commerce. The post Big Businessâ€™ Plan to Block Bidenâ€™s Ban on Noncompete Agreements appeared first on The Intercept.
- Reproductive Rights Activists Charged Under Law Intended to Protect Abortion Clinicsby Natasha Lennard on February 3, 2023 at 11:00 am
The Justice Department is calling graffiti on anti-abortion centers a threat to â€œreproductive health services facilities.â€� The post Reproductive Rights Activists Charged Under Law Intended to Protect Abortion Clinics appeared first on The Intercept.
- Memphis Police Chief Trained With Israel Security Forcesby Alice Speri on February 2, 2023 at 10:11 pm
Chief Cerelyn Davis also led the first police department in the U.S. that swore off the exchanges. The post Memphis Police Chief Trained With Israel Security Forces appeared first on The Intercept.
- House GOP Spends First Hearing on the Border Casting Joe Biden as an International Crime Bossby Ryan Devereaux on February 2, 2023 at 9:28 pm
The new Republican majority delivered few surprises and lots of paranoid rhetoric on Capitol Hill Wednesday. The post House GOP Spends First Hearing on the Border Casting Joe Biden as an International Crime Boss appeared first on The Intercept.
- Bill Gates, “Aerogel” & the next stage of mRNA “vaccines”by Kit Knightly on February 2, 2023 at 8:00 pm
Kit Knightly Last week professional-software developer and amateur epidemiologist Bill Gates admitted that the mRNA Covid “vaccines” had “three problems”, including that they don’t prevent transmission. But what appears at first glance to be a frank admission is really about protecting the narrative and setting up a new market for new vaccines. Speaking at a …
- How Democrats Paved the Way for Kevin McCarthy's Attack on Ilhan Omarby Akela Lacy on February 2, 2023 at 7:47 pm
For years, Republicans made spurious allegations of antisemitism against Rep. Ilhan Omar for her criticisms of Israel â€” and Democrats joined in. The post How Democrats Paved the Way for Kevin McCarthy’s Attack on Ilhan Omar appeared first on The Intercept.
- In Memphis, Tyre Nichols Beating Carries Echoes of Atlanta REDDOG Unitby George Chidi on February 2, 2023 at 6:32 pm
For 23 years, REDDOG officers regularly terrorized poor Black neighborhoods and Black residents of Atlanta. The post In Memphis, Tyre Nichols Beating Carries Echoes of Atlanta REDDOG Unit appeared first on The Intercept.
- The Grisly Cult of the Wagner Groupâ€™s Sledgehammerby Murtaza Hussain on February 2, 2023 at 2:54 pm
The tool Russian mercenaries used to kill a Syrian army deserter and others has become a violent meme, similar to the Punisher logo in the U.S. The post The Grisly Cult of the Wagner Groupâ€™s Sledgehammer appeared first on The Intercept.
- 13,000 People From the Niger Delta Just Sued Shell for Years of Oil Spillsby Georgia Gee on February 2, 2023 at 12:01 am
â€œAs we speak, oil is spilling in my community every day, people are dying.â€� The post 13,000 People From the Niger Delta Just Sued Shell for Years of Oil Spills appeared first on The Intercept.
- Coronavirus Fact-Check #17: Masks STILL Don’t Workby Kit Knightly on February 1, 2023 at 9:00 pm
Both the US and UK have seen the (attempted) re-introduction of facemask mandates amid “surging Covid cases” in the New Year. On January 9th, ABC news headlined: More US schools institute mask mandates as COVID cases rise Reporting that public schools in New Jersey, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania and Michigan were re-introducing mask mandates. That follows late-December …
- Meet New Washington Post Columnist Jim Geraghty and His Malfunctioning Nogginby Jon Schwarz on February 1, 2023 at 8:47 pm
Geraghty exudes the conspiratorial mindset that afflicts conservative thinking. The post Meet New Washington Post Columnist Jim Geraghty and His Malfunctioning Noggin appeared first on The Intercept.
- Dissent Episode Three: How an Adoption Case Could Unravel Tribal Sovereigntyby Intercepted on February 1, 2023 at 11:01 am
Host Jordan Smith and journalist Rebecca Nagle discuss the Indian Child Welfare Act challenge and why it could imperil all of Indian Law. The post Dissent Episode Three: How an Adoption Case Could Unravel Tribal Sovereignty appeared first on The Intercept.
- What $28 Million Bought the Memphis Police Departmentby Akela Lacy on January 31, 2023 at 10:54 pm
The specialized division that included SCORPION, the anti-crime unit responsible for beating Tyre Nichols. The post What $28 Million Bought the Memphis Police Department appeared first on The Intercept.
- New FTX Filing Pulls Back the Curtain on Sam Bankman-Friedâ€™s Massive Influence-Peddling...by Lee Fang on January 30, 2023 at 10:19 pm
A bankruptcy filing revealed new information about how the crypto exchange spent money on consultants, think tanks, and business relationships. The post New FTX Filing Pulls Back the Curtain on Sam Bankman-Friedâ€™s Massive Influence-Peddling Operation appeared first on The Intercept.
- George Santos Benefactor Bankrolled Group Opposing LA's Progressive Prosecutorby Akela Lacy on January 30, 2023 at 5:15 pm
A big spender on right-wing causes, investor Andrew Intrater gave seed money to a group formed to oust a reform-minded district attorney. The post George Santos Benefactor Bankrolled Group Opposing LA’s Progressive Prosecutor appeared first on The Intercept.
- The Web3 community responds to Turkish-Syrian earthquake tragedyby Cointelegraph By Savannah Fortis on February 7, 2023 at 5:01 pm
In the aftermath of a deadly 7.8 magnitude earthquake in southeastern Turkey, the Web3 community has come together to raise awareness and aid for victims of the disaster.
- Crypto mining firms Hut 8 and US Bitcoin plan mergerby Cointelegraph By Turner Wright on February 7, 2023 at 4:15 pm
The merger, which will create the company 'New Hut', is still subject to court and regulatory approval by U.S. and Canadian authorities.
- Former London police officer jailed for 30 years over dozens of sexual assault chargeson February 7, 2023 at 3:13 pm
A manÂ who leveragedÂ his position in the police force to assaultÂ women for almost two decades is sentenced to a minimum of 30 years behind bars.
- 12 tips to help crypto and blockchain companies win VC fundingby Cointelegraph By Cointelegraph Innovation Circle on February 7, 2023 at 3:00 pm
In a time when VC funding is hard to come by, crypto companies seeking to attract investors must focus on value, not hype.
- Iran unveils Toloo-3, Nahid-2 telecommunication satellitesby Zahra on February 7, 2023 at 2:52 pm
On theÂ occasion of the National Day of Space Technology, Iran’s latest space achievements including Nahid-2 and Toloo-3 satellites were unveiled in a ceremony. The unveiling ceremony of the Nahid-2 telecommunication...
- Scammers are targeting crypto users with new â€˜zero value TransferFromâ€™ trickby Cointelegraph By Tom Blackstone on February 7, 2023 at 2:33 pm
The trick allows the attacker to confirm zero-value transactions from the victimâ€™s wallet, hijacking the userâ€™s transaction history.
- St Andrews digs up much-mocked 'DIY patio' by Swilcan Bridgeon February 7, 2023 at 2:26 pm
A new stone feature next to the historic Swilcan Bridge on the Old Course at St Andrews is no more after it was criticised as looking like a "DIY patio".
- China not cool with Simpsons episode mentioning forced labour campson February 7, 2023 at 2:24 pm
First it was a reference to Tiananmen Square that saw an episode pulled twoÂ years ago, now it's one that mentions forced labour camps as The Simpsons gets political again.
- Iran Army Air Force unveils underground air baseby Zahra on February 7, 2023 at 2:14 pm
Iran’s Army Air Force unveiled its underground air base named “Eagle-44” for the first time on Tuesday. The base was unveiled in the presence of the Chief of Staff of...
- Crypto exchanges tackle insider trading after recent convictionsby Cointelegraph By Prashant Jha on February 7, 2023 at 2:01 pm
The first-ever case of crypto insider trading highlights the need for reforms from exchanges to keep track of their employeeâ€™s trade activities.
- The history and evolution of the fintech industryby Cointelegraph By Guneet Kaur on February 7, 2023 at 2:00 pm
The fintech industry has evolved from early adopters using technology to automate financial services to a comprehensive revolution of the financial sector.
- Lido plans to level up ahead of Ethereum Shanghai hard fork upgradeby Cointelegraph By Gareth Jenkinson on February 7, 2023 at 2:00 pm
Liquid staking protocol Lido unveils upgrade plans for v2, set to unlock stETH withdrawals and introduce Staking Router architecture.
- Long-standing crypto project vs. scam: Ava Labs CEO shares key differenceby Cointelegraph By Helen Partz on February 7, 2023 at 1:33 pm
Ava Labsâ€™ CEO has condemned players that jump into every single new coin offering or token in the hopes that they will go up.
- Dubai releases crypto regulations for virtual asset service providersby Cointelegraph By Ezra Reguerra on February 7, 2023 at 1:10 pm
The laws apply to market participants within the Emirate of Dubai, with the exception of those under the Dubai International Financial Centre.
- Bruce Lehrmann lodges defamation cases against two media companieson February 7, 2023 at 12:59 pm
Former Liberal staffer Bruce Lehrmann has lodgedÂ defamation cases against the Ten Network and News Life Media, over coverage of his high-profile court case earlier this year.
- Syria receives 1st batch of Iran humanitarian aidby Zahra on February 7, 2023 at 12:56 pm
Syria has received the first consignment of Iranâ€™s humanitarian assistance in the wake of the deadly earthquake. The first airplane carrying humanitarian aid from the Islamic Republic of Iran has...
- DeFi protocols unite to promote permissionless Web3 experiencesby Cointelegraph By Savannah Fortis on February 7, 2023 at 12:47 pm
The collaboration of over 30 DeFi projects is an effort to counteract the negative sentiments built in 2022 due to numerous CeFi ecosystem crashes.
- Bitcoin takes â€˜lionâ€™s shareâ€™ as institutional inflows hit 7-month highby Cointelegraph By William Suberg on February 7, 2023 at 12:14 pm
$117 million heads into crypto investment products in a single week, with the vast majority going straight into Bitcoin.
- Iran tells Turkiye â€˜fully readyâ€™ to help as Iranian teams deployed to quake-hit areasby Zahra on February 7, 2023 at 12:09 pm
Foreign Minister Hossein AmirAbdollahian says Iran is “fully ready” to help those affected by the devastating earthquake in neighboring Turkiye, which has so far claimed the lives of thousands of...
- Swiss neutrality on the line as arms-for-Ukraine debate heats upon February 7, 2023 at 12:03 pm
Switzerland is close to breaking with centuries of tradition as a neutral state, as a pro-Ukraine shift in the public and political mood puts pressure on the government to end a ban on exportsÂ of Swiss weapons to war zones.
- Australian adults will be able to get a fifth dose of the COVID-19 vaccine within a fortnightby Stephanie Dalzell on February 7, 2023 at 11:39 am
ATAGI recommends all people aged 18 and over, who have not had either a COVID-19 vaccine or confirmed coronavirus case in the last six months, get their latest shot from February 20.
- â€˜Multichain future is very clearâ€™ â€” MetaMask to support all tokens via Snapsby Cointelegraph By Gareth Jenkinson on February 7, 2023 at 11:10 am
MetaMask eyes a multichain-friendly future with the ongoing development of Snaps allowing future blockchain integrations and extensions to its browser-based service.
- Damus to lure in Crypto Twitter with Bitcoin revenue payout optionby Cointelegraph By Ezra Reguerra on February 7, 2023 at 10:04 am
The team said that the upcoming feature would be made available in the appâ€™s next update but is yet to reveal a timeframe.
- Former Newcastle United winger Christian Atsu pulled alive from TÃ¼rkiye earthquake rubbleon February 7, 2023 at 9:49 am
Former Newcastle United soccer player Christian Atsu has been found alive after being buried under rubble in the earthquake that hit TÃ¼rkiye, the vice-president of his current club Hatayspor says.
- Pathology bungle sees RAH patient undergo surgery for non-existent cancer, inquest hearsby Claire Campbell on February 7, 2023 at 9:13 am
A coronial inquest has begun into the death of a Royal Adelaide Hospital patient who died months after he was wrongly diagnosed with cancer and underwent surgery to remove part of his lung.
- Fresh details of sexual abuse allegations against football legend Barry Cable revealed in court...by Joanna Menagh on February 7, 2023 at 9:07 am
A woman who alleges former Aussie Rules great Barry CableÂ sexually abused her says he attempted to rapeÂ her in the change room of the Perth Football Club in the early 1970s.
- Critics claimÂ proposed gold mine would risk food security, planning panel toldby Xanthe Gregory and Mollie Gorman on February 7, 2023 at 8:58 am
AÂ proposed gold mine in New South Wales jeopardises Australia's largest bee keeping facility, an independent planning panel has heard.Â
- Police failures held up search for young man found dead from dehydration, inquest hearsby Tyrone Dalton and Emma D'Agostino on February 7, 2023 at 8:53 am
An inquest into the death of First Nations man Darren Higgins,Â who went missing on leave from a psychiatric facility, is expected to result in recommendations about cross-border police communication.
- A cheap supermarket drug may help women with ovarian cancer live longerby Emily Sakzewski on February 7, 2023 at 8:49 am
A team of researchers set out to find factors that couldÂ improve survival in women after an ovarian cancerÂ diagnosis. An answer may lie in a humble and widely available drug: aspirin.
- Record profits for BP as Russia's war in Ukraine boost oil and gas priceson February 7, 2023 at 8:42 am
As BP announces annnual earnings of $40 billion, there are growing calls for the UKÂ government to boost taxes on companies profiting from the high price of oil and natural gas after Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
- Pigeons in 'plague proportions' across Elliston as pest controllers wield air riflesby Dixie Sulda and Narelle Graham on February 7, 2023 at 8:35 am
Thousands of pigeons are gathering across a coastal town in South Australia, with pest controllers using air rifles to shoot some of the birds in the hope theÂ flock flies elsewhere.
- Federal, NT governments accused of disregarding call for needs-based funding in Alice Springs reportby Jesse Thompson and Jacqueline Breen on February 7, 2023 at 8:28 am
The Northern Territory government insists a quarter of a billion dollars in federal funding will tackle Indigenous disadvantage, but it's been accused of walking away from the recommendations of a major report.
- Bitcoin sees golden cross which last hit 2 months before all-time highby Cointelegraph By William Suberg on February 7, 2023 at 8:21 am
A golden cross completes on the daily chart, but Bitcoin still has to contend with a â€œdeath crossâ€� on weekly timeframes.
- CoW Swap hacker milks over 550 BNB using â€˜solverâ€™ exploitby Cointelegraph By Ezra Reguerra on February 7, 2023 at 8:17 am
Security firm PeckShield reported that the hacker successfully drained roughly 551 BNB off CoW Swap into Tornado Cash, which was worth around $181,600 at the time of writing.
- Acropolis dusted in snow as winter storm shuts schools and shops, disrupts traffic in Athenson February 7, 2023 at 8:15 am
A winter storm and plummeting temperatures shut schools and shops in the Greek capital, dusting the Acropolis and other ancient monuments with snow.
- Taiwan takes lessons from Ukraine as it speeds development of drones for military useon February 7, 2023 at 8:10 am
Taiwan will speed up its development of drones for military use, taking into account the lessons of the war in Ukraine, its defence ministry says.
- 'It's dragged on way too long': NRL stars consider radical strike as pay crisis deepenson February 7, 2023 at 8:06 am
Rugby League Players' Association delegate Shaun Lane says NRL stars are willing to strike if a satisfactory CBA isn't reached with the league.
- Police 'copy and pasted' details in murder review but forgot to change dead man's name, inquiry toldby Ruby Cornish on February 7, 2023 at 7:54 am
Police appeared to show a lack of care when reviewing suspected gay hate murders,Â the inquiry into LGBTIQÂ hate crimes is told, as a third round of hearings gets underway in Sydney.
- Jury discharged in family practice doctor's alleged rape trialby Mia Knight on February 7, 2023 at 7:52 am
Praveen Kumar had pleaded not guilty to seven counts of allegedly rapingÂ a woman who was hisÂ patient.
- Mobile phone bans set up students to fail in real world, Queensland expert saysby Kirsten Webster on February 7, 2023 at 7:42 am
A Griffith University lecturer saysÂ banning mobile phones in schools hinders a student's ability to prepare themselves for the real world.
- Jury shown CCTV of street fight in trial of off-duty cop charged with assaultby Erin Cooper-Douglas on February 7, 2023 at 7:29 am
The trial of an off-duty police officer charged with assaulting a man and perverting the course of justice is told he allegedly tried to change his false story about the altercation once he realised it had been captured on CCTV.
- Chardonnay beats shiraz for top export drop for Aussie wineriesby Cassandra Hough, David Claughton, and Eliza Berlage on February 7, 2023 at 7:26 am
With the world awash with wine, grape growers are nervous about what the 2023 vintage will mean.
- NSW minister passed over female frontrunners in search for new Children's Guardianby Patrick Begley on February 7, 2023 at 7:22 am
Communities and Justice Minister Natasha Maclaren-Jones passed over top-ranked female candidates for the role of the independent Children's Guardian, choosing to recommend a man who never formally applied for the job.
- Mapping the scale of destruction from the devastating earthquakes in TÃ¼rkiye and Syriaby Kate Ainsworth on February 7, 2023 at 7:03 am
Two powerful earthquakes have killed thousands and left a trailÂ of destruction across TÃ¼rkiye and Syria. These maps show how the shock waves spread across the region.Â
- Layer1 CEO alleges co-founder is using majority power to â€˜ransackâ€™ companyby Cointelegraph By Brayden Lindrea on February 7, 2023 at 6:16 am
The plaintiffs claim that Dolic and Ebel began to conduct unauthorized business activities when the corporate governance of its parent company, Enigma, collapsed.
- Former Coinbase manager slams SEC in motion to dismiss insider trading caseby Cointelegraph By Jesse Coghlan on February 7, 2023 at 5:59 am
The attorneys for brothers Ishan and Nikhil Wahi want the case thrown out, arguing that the Securities and Exchange Commission was wrong when it charged the pair.
- North Korea stole more crypto in 2022 than any other year: UN reportby Cointelegraph By Stephen Katte on February 7, 2023 at 5:49 am
A report submitted to the United Nations found North Korean cyber attacks have become vastly more sophisticated and raked in more crypto than ever before.
- UKâ€™s digital pound would modernize payments but won't replace cash: Ministerby Cointelegraph By Brian Quarmby on February 7, 2023 at 4:52 am
Finance minister Jeremy Hunt says the digital pound, or â€œBritcoin,â€� would be issued and backed by the Bank of England, but it wonâ€™t negate the use of cash.
- Yuga Labs settles lawsuit with developer involved in copycat BAYCsby Cointelegraph By Martin Young on February 7, 2023 at 4:38 am
The BAYC creators have settled with developer Thomas Lehman over his role in selling a copycat collection of BAYC NFTs.
- â€˜Haunts me to this dayâ€™ â€” Crypto project hacked for $4M in a hotel lobbyby Cointelegraph By Brayden Lindrea on February 7, 2023 at 3:04 am
The co-founder of Webaverse said they somehow got their crypto hacked from their Trust Wallet during a meeting with two people claiming to be investors.